• Quick quote



    You must pay Corporation Tax on profits from doing business as:


    • A limited company.
    • Any foreign company with a UK branch or office
    • A club, co-operative or other unincorporated association, eg a community group  or sports club.


    Taxable profits for Corporation Tax include the money your company or association makes from:

    • Doing business (‘trading profits’).
    • Investments.
    • Selling assets for more than they cost (‘chargeable gains’).

    If your company is based in the UK, it pays Corporation Tax on all its profits from the UK and abroad.

    If your company isn’t based in the UK but has an office or branch here, it only pays Corporation Tax on profits from its UK activities.


    Stopping or restarting business


    Check what you have to do if:

    • You’re not doing business and qualify as ‘dormant’.
    • You restart your business.


    We can conduct a review of your business and determine the most efficient tax structure for you. Very often such reviews result in considerable tax savings, which show up as real improvements in your bottom line. As with any other areas of taxation, it is essential to be proactive and plan ahead when dealing with corporation tax. In this way you can:


    • Minimise your corporation tax liabilities.
    • Make the most of any available reliefs, tax losses and deferment opportunities.
    • Ensure you meet all your CTSA deadlines and file your returns correctly, thereby   avoiding any potential penalties.


    Simply click CONTACT and enter your details below then we’ll contact you to arrange a no-obligation Meeting.

    © Copyright 2024 JR Financial Accountants Ltd - All Rights Reserved.